Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A funny incident..

Ever felt the urge to do something different, something naughty?
I felt. I did.

It was around 8pm, as I was hurrying off from the office, to get on my bike and hit the road before the Infy buses jammed it, we - Mahantesh and me, placed ourselves in an un-enviable position..

We took the elevator, and somewhere on the way down, i tried to pull open the door. I had done this before, and then, the door had opened, and closed, no frills. It was a nice view, to see up and down the lift, and all the cables running et. al. But this time, such was not my luck. The lift stopped, the door opened, and that's it. Every time it tried to close, it got stuck, made a loud bang, and opened again. This continued for sometime, and the despair began! It was 8 in the evening, the buses are leaving, most of our colleagues have already left, the lift operators would not be around to come immediately, and I was not game for sleeping the night in the lift, with a loud bang every 10 seconds..

We thought of calling the security downstairs. But the phone in the lift did not show up his number. After a few minutes, with the despair subsiding, we called up two of our friends, Karthik and Jagdeep, who were still up in the office, to call the security guy. Meanwhile, we explored where we were, and realised we were half the way to the ground floor. Karthik had called the security guy, and was talking to us through the lift door. He tried to open the outer lift door, but could not. Mahantesh found out a pulley, a pulley which could open up the door to our freedom, and pulled it!

We cranked ourselves through the gap, and jumped off the lift. He jumped off, inspired by the movie Speed, and I followed, remembering the movie- the "Final Destination". :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you do that? Really? Why should you play around with Infosys resources?

Anonymous said...

Typically you.. ;)

Nitin G. K. said...

Hay Anonymous, ever so often, i come across the "typical" infoscion.. And you really ace it! :)

Unknown said...

oh! I've found myself in such scenarios more often than i would like and thus began my phobias with lifts! I never take the lift alone till date! :-)

Soumya.B.Hosamani said...

kapi ne neenu!!

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about elevators, or 'lifts'? :-)

Anonymous said...

Soumya heldhange, kapi ne neenu :)

There is one more idea what my three friends had done. They were going up the elevator and they thought if they jump up, the elevator would catch up with them..guess they had forgotten basic phyics.. :)
Anyways, the elevator stopped in the middle and they had to be sort of rescued..
Want to try it? :)